One of the most important things I have learned in my life is that education and communication are the keys to changing the world and art is the key to changing the soul. This belief influences my approach to teaching and I strive to meet certain objectives with each of my students:
- Develop and extend their fundamental skills;
- Guide them toward finding their creative voice and style;
- Strengthen their confidence in their artistic ability through positive, yet critical, encouragement;
- Instill in them an appreciation of the history of filmmakers/screenwriters who have come before them;
- Prepare them for the business realities of an artistic/media career and help them develop strategies to survive;
- Teach them to look critically at the world around them within the context of their creative work;
- Push them to constantly strive for greatness in their artistic lives.