Master of Fine Arts, Film and Television Production
- Paramount Pictures Screenwriting Fellowship
Bachelor of Arts, Drama
- $100,000 grant awarded by Appalachian Regional Commission to purchase a 30TB video server to network the department’s Final Cut Pro Editing Lab
- BEA Award of Excellence for “Staking Our Claim” – promotional video
- Part-Time Faculty of the Year – CSUF College of Communications
- $5,000 grant awarded by FSU Foundation for production of a student recruitment video
- $5,000 grant awarded by FSU Foundation for production of an alumni giving promotion video
- $4,000 grant awarded by FSU Foundation for production of a bicentennial video for the city of Frostburg
- CINE Eagle and Chicago International Film Festival Certificate of Merit. “Sportsters” Screened at Telluride Film Festival and Denver International Film Festival.
- Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Faculty Seminar participant
- NATPE Faculty Fellowship recipient
- Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship – two scripts selected for 2009 quarter-final round
- Nicholl Screenwriting Fellowship Semi-Finalist – 2003 & 2004
- Writer/Director/Editor. “A Lesson of Love” – Feature film
- Moderator/organizer. BEA 2010 Conference panel – “The Story You Write, The Story You Shoot, The Story You Edit”
- Moderator/organizer. BEA 2009 Conference panel – “Crowd-sourcing: Cheap Content for a Media-Manic Age”
- Writer. “Honeybee” – feature screenplay optioned by Paramount Pictures.
- Writer/Director/Editor. “Staking Our Claim” – promotional video for Frostburg State University
- Writer/Producer/Director. “Live@The.Intersection: HOLLYNET” – Industrial video
- Writer/Producer/Director. “Live@The.Intersection: SECURITY” – Industrial video
- Segment Producer (U.S.) – “Super Children of the World” – Nippon Television (Japan)
- Segment Producer (U.S.) – “Amazing Animals” – Nippon Television (Japan)
- Producer. “Drowning in West” 16mm short film.
- Director/Editor. “Turning From Nineveh” – 16mm short film.
- Cinematographer/Editor. “Sportsters” – 16mm short film.
- Director/Editor. “Red, White, and True Blue” – Music video. Finalist in MTV contest and broadcast over the MTV Network.
- Producer. “Paranoid” – Heavy metal album by the group Citizen Caine
- MCOM105 Introduction to Mass Communication
- MCOM287 Introduction to Video Production
- MCOM350 Beginning Television Screenwriting
- MCOM387 Multi-camera Studio Production
- MCOM485 Electronic Media Aesthetics and Criticism
- MCOM487 Advanced Video Production
- MCOM499 Directed Study Projects
In addition I perform the following duties:
- Supervise the Non-linear Editing Lab (including hardware/software installation and maintenance)
- Supervise the A/V equipment room and staff
- Supervise and maintain the multi-camera TV studio
- Chair the Technology Committee
Currently teach the following during winter/summer breaks:
- TV101: Introduction to Radio, Film and Television
- TV202: Writing for Broadcast
- TV409: Radio and TV Announcing
- JR203: Photojournalism
- JR213: Feature News Writing
Taught the following classes:
- COMM301: Writing for Broadcast and Film
- COMM346: Introduction to Entertainment and Tourism Studies
- COMM446: Entertainment and Society
- COMM449: Capstone in Entertainment and tourism Studies
- COMM448T: Online Gaming and Society
Vice President of Strategic Alliances
- Built business relationships and partnerships with related or complementary businesses to add value to my company’s products and to increase the visibility in the market.
- Researched key technology, trends, events, and products related to media and technology.
- Developed/monitored internal technology projects with company’s strategic partners.
- Analyzed new market opportunities, market trends. Identified key individuals in those markets and established relationships.
- Built relationships with 2 major wireless telecom companies.
- Developed business strategy for European alliances.
- Developed and implemented strategy for new group within company focusing on the convergence of technology and media.
- Analyzed market and built relationships for new business.
- Strategic consultant for various technology and entertainment companies including Intel, Seagate, Microsoft, Home Shopping Network, and Ericsson Wireless.
- Designed, cost, and implemented technology projects.
Director of Special Projects and Sponsor Relations
- Developed & managed relationships with senior-level executives from Sony Pictures Entertainment, Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, Warner Bros., LucasFilm, Apple Computers, Pacific Bell, Nortel Networks, 3Com, and TRW.
- Project Manager of various technology trials including a live and televised, multi-city, technology demonstration.
- Coordinated project efforts with sponsors.
- Lead researcher on HollyNet Needs Assessment – a studio-sponsored study of technology in the entertainment production community.
- Project consultant/researcher on the Integrated Studio Model – a study of the filmmaking process sponsored by Apple Computers and LucasFilm.
- Broadcast Education Association – Vice-Chair, BEA Writing Division & Chair, Faculty Scriptwriting Competition
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- University Film and Video Association